Sakafuneishi -Sake Trough-(酒船石)
There is a stone popularly called the "Sake Boat Stone" referred to in the address of 1266 Sakafune Oka.
This granite slab has a flat pattern on its upper surface and is 550 cm. in length, 230 cm. in width, and 100 cm. in thickness.
On the upper surface, there are uneven reservoirs (72 cm. north-south in diameter, 45 cm. east-west in diameter, 6 cm. in depth). From the western part to the centre, the left and right part, there are three grooves.
In the centre drain, there is an egg-shaped drain (130 cm. in diameter, 70 cm. in half diameter and 10 cm. in depth). The centre of this drain continues to expand to the west, while the right and left part expands in branches and articulates in the round-shaped drain (50 cm. in diameter and 10 cm. in depth).
The edges of the right and left parts are lacking, thus no one knows how much further the expansion goes.
While the entirety of the Sakafuneishi site was designated as a historical site on April 8th 1927, the original purpose of buidling this stone site remains unknown.
The upper surface of this stone has what looks like channels for flowing water. Although it formerly gave rise to arguments about whether it was a facility for brewing sake, or for pressing oil or making medicine, it still remains unknown.
In 1992, the imperial east mountain stone wall was found in the Sakafuneishi (Sake Trough). Also, excavations revealed in 1998 the Kamegata (Turtle shaped) stone.